Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ohhhhh the Holidays.

Being my own travel agent is hard.  I don't want to count the number of sites I've ping-ponged between trying to find a cheap/convenient/manageable flight for New Years in Green Bay.
I found out that the teeny tiny airport in Springfield only flies to southern cities.. and the next biggest airport is in St. Louis. 
I should tell you that my car can't make it the 3 hours there and back so that options out...unless I take a Grey Hound. 
If I took the Grey Hound I'd be a single white girl on a bus full of what I have observed from the one other time I rode one: creepy men who stare, black gangsters, and women with receding hairlines.  All of which I found extremely creepy at 5 o'clock in the morning...the time I would need to be on the bus to make it to St. Louis in time to catch a connecting flight to Chicago where hopefully the weather will be ok for a landing so I don't get stuck in the O'Hare so I don't miss my connecting flight to Green Bay so I can make it in time for a New Year's party so I can finally kiss my boyfriend at midnight! Ahhhh!!!
That's been one of my big dreams since I was, I don't know, 15?!  Hopeless Romantic? Check.
Last year we were in the same situation. Both of us were on school breaks and in our respective home states.  Missing that kiss was one of the saddest nights of that season.  It truly stunk to know that every happy couple was kissing at the 12th chime in all the different time zones. Except us.
RAWR!
See my frustration?  I roared.

Anyway, it's been a lot on my mind.  So I'm taking a break from that.

Work was crazy today and I am utterly exhausted.  I had a store meeting from 8 to 10am and then worked my normal shift from then until 3:30pm.  I didn't actually leave the loud, hustling-bustling mall until 6.  It was a long day.
And I get to do the same thing again tomorrow.  Be at the mall at a little before 8.  Drive to Branson for  Jewelery Consultant Training until 4-ish.  Drive Back. 

Go Home.
Die.

Happy Weekend to ME!






...I forgot my FTD (Favorite Thing of the Day)
I got a really great hair cut. 

yaaaaaaaaay

No comments:

Post a Comment